Changing lives since 2009
The Swan Foundation is a charity working, hard to enhance and change the lives of communities living in East London and Essex. Since being established in 2009, the charity has worked tirelessly to offer a range of projects and initiatives that support local people, help tackle unemployment, raise capacity and improve the health and wellbeing of those communities.
Construction Trades School (£10,000)
We funded 14 young people, who were at risk of leaving school without qualifications, to attend weekend sessions to experience hands on what it would be like to study construction trades including CAD.
By the end of the ten week course, 87% of a cohort of young people who were at risk of leaving education, remained in education and 12 chose to train in construction at Barking and Dagenham college.
Find out more...
Micro-Enterprise Loan Project (£20,000)
We partnered with Tower Hamlets Homes and Poplar Harca HA to create a £150,000 funding pot to finance small businesses in Tower Hamlets.
The project will provide a business mentoring package and start up loan to successful applicants. Already three business’ have been successful in being referred for Business Mentoring through the Swan Foundation and are now exploring funding support.
Find out more...
A Female Voice (£3,500)
By bringing together successful, high profile business women and female students from Tower Hamlets College, this project enabled the women to understand the cultural barriers to education and employment faced by the young women.
Following these discussions a one day conference was held at the Excel Centre in East London to promote the message that everyone can succeed regardless of status and background.
Celebrating Diversity through folklore (£5,000)
This project brought creative art students from Tower Hamlets College together to present folk tales that represent their culture.
These were exhibited at the College’s end of year celebrations and a lasting legacy created in the form of an illustrated book bringing together all the stories submitted.
Prince’s Trust – Get into Retail and Get Into Customer Services (£10,000)
Working with the Prince’s Trust we enabled 24 young people from Tower Hamlets to obtain work experience in retail and customer services.
Through experience at Whitbread’s Premier Inn and Costa Coffee outlets, they obtained valuable experience which has helped 18 young people to obtain employment or to undertake further training.
NASSA – Basketball Officials Training Hub (£11,000)
This partnership project with NASSA trained 80 young people to become basketball officials.
Outcomes for the young people included improved self-esteem, the opportunity to earn a small income and an alternative to gang participation and anti-social behaviour.
Why support the Swan Foundation?
- We make an impact. Since 2009 the Foundation has improved the life chances of over 3000 individuals and we think that with your help we can reach many more.
- We are a zero cost charity. Not one penny of the funds that we raise goes on our running costs. Meaning that you know that every penny that you donate will go back out to worthwhile causes.
- We’re local. We only operate in East London and Essex and it’s easy for us to evidence and show you what your donation is spent on.
- We’re transparent. We have clear reporting, quarterly board meetings, annual reports and require all of our projects to provide us with monitoring information and evidence.
- We deliver. Since our inception we have funded and delivered over 35 different projects ranging from construction trade training to women’s sewing groups.
- We can help you get involved. The projects and initiatives that we fund are keen for volunteers and we can help facilitate these opportunities to ensure you meet your CSR objectives.
Benefits of working with Swan Foundation
- Access to hard to reach communities
- Acknowledgement of partner contribution in Swan Foundation communications
- Influence over and input into programmes and strategy
- Developing staff through volunteer contributions
Find out more about the Swan Foundation
What we do and how you can help...
The Swan Foundation Changes Lives...
We are a charity dedicated to improving people's lives. We build partnerships with businesses to invest in communities and turn aspirations into reality.
Partners with Swan Foundation….
At Olive we have chosen the Swan Foundation as our charity partner for another year because we are passionate about the community projects they run. At a personal level, we are particularly interested in working with them to deliver on education, training and employment:
I had a challenging upbringing so I’m really excited about developing an apprenticeship scheme to provide employment prospects to young people who are disadvantaged, either socially or economically. In addition, we are offering continued support through our partnership and getting involved with fundraising as much as possible.”
Martin Flick, CEO of Olive
See how we can help you with your CSR
Partners for change